Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bob's to End 2009

Bob's Bar
4961 North High Street
Columbus, Ohio
December 31, 2009
10:30ish

Because we obviously hadn't yet had enough fun after our wonderful dinner at Lemongrass (and it wasn't yet midnight), we decided to head over to a favorite haunt.  Bob's bar is within walking distance of our friend's house and is their favorite neighborhood bar.  I only wish everyone could have a neighborhood bar as good as this one!

The place looks just like any other bar in a strip mall.  But, what sets this one apart is the outstanding beer selection paired with friendly guys behind the bar who know what they're doing and know their beer. 

I'm not going to bore you guys with the different beers we sampled throughout the evening.  Just know that if you want a good selection in a laid back, casual atmosphere; this is the place for you.  Bob's features 200 beers with 27 on draft.  Nuff said.    

They also have a really fun bathroom sign.

If this looks like your kind of place and you feel like becoming a regular here, have fun partatking in Bob's Bar World Tour which consists of getting a fun sheet with 88 different beers listed that get punched as you drink each one.  Luckily there is no time frame, but at completion you become the owner of a handy dandy Bob's Bar World Tour t-shirt and eligible for the next leg of the journey.  The second challenge is 44 more beers; which when completed means you have drunk your way through the entire front glass cooler.  After this accomplishment, in addition to a larger beer belly, you earn a Bob's Bar World Tour glass mug! 

I know our friends have been working on this tour for quite some time...I'll have to check in on their progress.  Unfortunately, I won't be taking this challenge.  Beer isn't totally my thing (not that I don't enjoy a good one every once awhile) and Bob's isn't exactly in my backyard.  Now if only there was a Mexican restaurant tour...

Overall rating:  4 Buckeyes

2 comments:

The Domestic Princess said...

Hello, I found your blog through the Columbus Nesties site and I'm your newest follower. I love to find local blogs.

Annabelle said...

Great and welcome! I'm so glad to have you reading :)